Thursday, July 18, 2013

Summer Randomness...and a NEW UNIT ON SALE!

Happy Summer, Bloggy Friends! Kerri here...

This post is going to a whole bunch of randomness from my summer thus far, plus some info on my newest unit. We'll start with that...

I don't know about your kidlets, but mine LOVE to solve riddles. Just say the word "riddle" or "clue", and they are immediately intrigued! So, in order to capitalize on their strange obsession with riddles, I created my newest pack... Riddle Me This! Read and Match Literacy Centers!

The premise is SUPER simple. There are 10 sets of riddle cards and illustrated answer cards (one for each month of the year-themed to the month of course!). 

The kids choose a riddle, read it, match it to the appropriate answer and VOILA!! Mystery solved! 

Little do they know...  all they are actually doing is reading sentences, using context clues and sight word knowledge to figure out the answer, and matching the cards together. AWESOME reading practice right?? (Insert evil laugh) They THINK they're solving a giant mystery, but they're ACTUALLY just practicing reading. HOLLA!!

HAHA!! Take that, you kidlets! Tricking you into some great learning!! 
These centers are designed for independence and the format is the same each month (the words get progressively harder), so you can just plop these in your Literacy Stations each month and you are good to go! :)

Here's what's included...
And here's a sneak peek...


This unit will be 20% off until Saturday, so you can get a killer deal on it and get those riddles laminated and ready to go for the upcoming school year!

In other news, here is a summer update (warning...lots of schooly/crafty pictures commencing!) from yours truly...

1. My friend Amy and I took a painting class at Timree's Studio in Newport a couple weeks ago, and it was SO.MUCH.FUN! Seriously, I felt sooo fancy...


Me and my girl Amy

It's sooo pretty on my kitchen wall!!

2. The OC Fair has started! On the first night, my bestie Yvette and I went to see Colbie Caillat. She was AMAZING-sooo pretty and sweet and such a fabulous singer! LOVE her... 


I have decided to get into the Washi tape craze, although I am TOTALLY a novice and I am still trying to figure the stuff out. I got these rolls at Target in their school supply section. Why is is called WASHI, BTW?? Weird name, if you ask me...
Pretty clips for my behavior chart. Of course, I sealed them with glitter mod podge!

I kind of have an obsession with turquoise and red, as you can see from the pic below. The red chair was $10 on clearance at Target, and the turquoise (TURQUOISE!! OMG! THEY ARE GORGEOUS!) stools were only $6 at IKEA! Oh, IKEA, how do I love thee! 

I am going to go back and get 5 more for my Computer area, and I already got 6 for my listening center area. WAYYYY better than those ugly, bulky blue chairs in my room!

This carpet is TO. DIE. FOR! I'm going to put it in my library. And I got it on Walmart.com!! Like $30 (including the shipping), I think? Click here for the link. :)


Another OMG moment...my new teacher planner from Erin Condren came is it is SOOO darn pretty. I want to stare at it all day!

WOW...lots of randomness, huh? Hope your summer is blissful and happy, like mine is!
XOXO Kerri B

0 comments:

Post a Comment