Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Lovin'...

...For REALLY REALS, Peeps!! Kerri here...

Aaaahhh, Summer! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

1. Reading Dan Brown's Inferno whilst sunbathing in my backyard.

2. Giving lots of cuggles and snuggles to my Roxy Roo.

3. Getting re-aquainted with the concept of jalking (you know, jog 5 minutes, walk five minutes) on my treadmill, as well as yoga, which starts tomorrow.
I can TOTALLY do this pose. Please! It's sooo easy... :)

4. Making exotic iced teas with my new Teavana iced tea maker...
Aren't the canisters soooo pre-tty? Like model, cheerleader...

5. Wearing my Punjammies in the middle of the day because I can!

6. Catching up with my favorite Brits whilst doing my jalking on the treadmill...

7. Deciding which New Orleans pictures I want to put in the frames I bought from Hoppy Lobby A.YEAR.AGO (what a loser!) that will go in our hallway...
This one for sure!!

8. Making a healthy Wendy's Frosty with my teenage daughter. It actually was quite delicioso!


Ingredients:
1 frozen banana (or a cup of ice and a regular banana)
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup almond butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Add all ingredients to a blender and mix it up! Add ice to get your preferred consistency. 
Says Tara: “Tastes just like the real thing and is the best treat ever.” We agree!
9. MOVIES! This WILL be the summer of movies for the fam and I. Up tomorrow? Monster University!

 10. Crafting!! Here is my first finished product! I got a sweet gift from one of my students for my birthday and it came in this AMAZING wooden box...

AWESOME, right?? This box was begging for polkadots and mod podge. Soooo...TADA!

Oh lands! Isn't she sooo pretty-fied?? She will be housing something spectacular, come September. I just haven't decided what yet! HA!

And to think, I'm only 3 days in! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

XOXO Kerri B

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I can't wait to read Inferno - is it good so far?? I've loved all of his books, so I can't wait to get started. Have lots of grad work to get finished first, but then I'm diving in! :)

Kelly
First Grade Fairytales

Camille said...

Kerri, A recipe for a FROSTY?!? Are you kidding me? I L.O.V.E. Frosties, but have had to give up milk. And now you give me a recipe that uses no milk? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! I can hardly wait to try it!!
Camille

Unknown said...

Ooh. Im a "mrs B" too!! Great for a prize box!

Post a Comment