Friday, May 31, 2013

Five for Friday-May 31st!

Happy Friday night, Peeps!
PTL it is Friday! I am so darn tired! And it was a 4 day week-what the heck!

My kids were all kinds of crazy today. It probably didn't help that they started their day off with their Spring Performance (adorable, BTW), which meant we weren't able to do our Math Centers (the HORROR! I'm still twitching over it!), and it threw the whole day off! Luckily, they redeemed themselves by being absolutely GORGEOUS for their Open House photos (taken by your truly), and LOTS of Open House project making.

Which brings me to my five for Friday, courtesy of Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching's linky party!

Okay, here we go. First up-Super Model Firsties! Could they be any more photogenic?? I mean, really!




Aren't they just ADORBS?? And I could have posted 20 more just like these~ Gotta love my 50 fixed lens from Canon. It is MAGIC!

Number 2: Welcome to RAINFOREST HELL. The week before Open House when I haven't put everything up yet. Yeah, there is stuff EVERYWHERE, and it is starting to eat my children, I think!

Oh man. I am getting the cold sweats just looking at all this. But, come Thursday, all of these rainforest projects will be up on the wall and looking fabulous! Fingers crossed...

Number 3: Red-Eyed Tree Frogs! These are one of my favorite projects to make each year. They are just too cute!


Number 4: Rainforest Mini-Me's. Each year, I ask my kids to create a Mini-Me rainforest kid that represents them in the rainforest. They do this at home with their parents, and they always come out AH-MAZING! This was the best.one.ever. Let's just call him the "Hipster" Mini-Me!
Oh yeah! Dark shades, the hipster haircut, and the handlebar mustache. LOVE IT!
Finally: Rainforest Research Reports. We have been hard at work all week on our rainforest animal research reports and today, my kids got to draw their rainforest animal as the final piece of their research report. I was FLOORED at how beautiful their artwork came out! And, this was with absolutely NO help by me (Peeps, I'm tired. I'm about arted out, for reals!)






Here the creator of the hipster rainforest dude. Isn't he so cool?? :)
I leave you with this-my girls sure know the way to my heart. Just give me jewelry and I am one happy teacher!! Who needs diamonds anyway? I got wooden beads! LOVE...



XOXO Kerri B

4 comments:

Amber O. said...

i just live your rainforest theme for your open house! 2 years in a row now that Ive been completely amazed by it! i am seriously going to have to consider attempting that next year....gorgeous photos!

Unknown said...

Those tree frogs are the cutest! Newest follower :)

Mrs. Lynes said...

The tree frogs are precious!! And I NEED this camera lens!!

Robyn Beele said...

You have the most gorgeous students!! I love the frogs! Newest Follower!

Post a Comment