Sunday, June 3, 2012

SMARTIES Math FREEBIE!

Happy Sunday, Friends! Kerri here...
Are you looking for an activity to keep your little SMARTIES busy enagaged these last few weeks of school?? Well, so am I! I was perusing the aisles at Target, per my usual Sunday afternoon grocery shopping, and came across these yummy little guys...
I THOUGHT we had graphed everything possible this year-m&m's, jelly beans, candy hearts, etc. etc., but we have not graphed these yet!! 


YES!! Another 45 minute-1 hour of intense sorting, counting, graphing, tallying, adding, and pattern making! Done and done! 


I plan on giving my little "Smarties" 3 rolls of SMARTIES and the math packet below. Of course, a small bribe that they will be allowed to eat one of their rolls of SMARTIES, if and only if, they do their VERY best on their Math packet will ensure that optimal learning will take place. :)


Click below for your very own copy of my SMARTIES Math Packet! (Note to those of you who downloaded my M&M's math packet-this is ALMOST identical. A few words changed, add a column or 2, and it is magically transformed into a SMARTIES packet!)


Hope your "Smarties" love it as much as mine will!



10 comments:

Kristin said...

This is great! Saving it for next year!
When do you get out?

A Teeny Tiny Teacher

YearntoLearn said...

Love graphing with food!


Yearn to Learn Blog

Eileen Griffin said...

Thanks Kerri! School doesn't end for us until June 15th! so this will definitely come in handy.
Eileen Griffin
2ndgradesunshine.blogspot.com

Amber O. said...

Love this, Kerri! I never downloaded your M&M packet because we have a wellness policy at our school and aren't supposed to use candy AT ALL (I know, right? How much more real-world relevant can you get with a 6-yr-old than candy???), but I think I could sneak these in at the end of the year when we all have become such little SMARTIES:) You think it will be okay?:) Thanks!

Stellaluna said...

I used this today in my class! It was a great activity to keep them working while I finished assessments. It was also a great way to quickly assess graphing skills for report cards. Thank you so much!!

jennifermeyer1 said...

Love this! Great way to keep the kiddies excited about learning up until the end!

Lisa R. said...

What a fun math activity! My kids are going to love this! Thanks for sharing! :)

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Teresa said...

In Canada our Smarties are like M&M's and we call those Rockets! Only found this out when my son went to university in New York. He missed Canadian Smarties!!!

Michelle Hudgeons said...

Love this! I am your newest follower. :) Come by and visit.
Smitten With First

Kristy said...

Thanks for the great resource! Smarties are a common tool used in our room. I usually use them as bingo markers for sight word bingo days. That way everyone gets a little treat even if they don't win. Plus there won't be 200 little red squares all over the floor! LOL

http://firstgradebubblesandtails.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment