Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oh baby! I'm back . . .

Hey there blogger buddies!!! 

Wow!  How is it October already?! Y'all must have thought I fell off the face of the earth in September or something . . . Thank goodness Kerri has been hard at work creating fabulousness to share!!

Well, first of all . . . . (drumroll please) . . . I would like to introduce Mr. Jackson Joseph Messner!!  Born August 23 weighing all of 9 lbs. 15.5 oz.  (My mom - also a teacher - was quite perturbed that they didn't just say ten pounds.  "Don't these people know how to round??!!"  Love you mom!!)




Here are the proud mommy and daddy - and baby!  Check out all that hair!  Actually, we weren't at all surprised about his hair . . . but we were shocked he wasn't born with a 5 'clock shadow like daddy!


And here is peaceful, sleeping Jack.  We're lovin' his perfect baby mouth and the lovely sound of his snoring!!

Life has been a wonderful, crazy ride since our little man arrived.  My days consist of feeding, diapers, and lots of naps . . . for Jack that is!  He has decided that his favorite (an only!) place to nap is right on mom's right shoulder.  Sure makes it hard to keep up with the blogging . . . or answer the phone . . . sheesh, its hard to get anything done these days!  But in the back of my mind the countdown is on until I have to return to work in November, so I am soaking up every snuggle and smile until then and paying absolutely no attention to the fact that my right arm has fallen asleep and there is a crick in my neck! :)

Being away from school, in the meantime, has been so surreal.  I have not yet met my kinder class for this year, but I am getting excited to meet them all and let the fun begin.  Having a substitute start the year with my kiddos was really tough . . . (How were my kiddos gonna learn how to rotate through centers the *right* way without me???!!  Would there be magic play doh awaiting them on their tables the very first day??!!  What if they learned the wrong motions for the Alphafriends song - YIPES!!)  Okay, well I was definately learning a lesson in GIVING UP CONTROL (thanks Kerri, for opening my eyes to that which was so obvious to everyone else), and it turns out, things are okay without me!  Well, at least until November . . . then I'll be whipping that class into shape!  Just kidding. Sort of.

Anyway, I thought I would share this Seasons Graph with you - its a great math activity to do as a group any time of the year!  In addition to graphing, you can have your kiddos practice comparing - greatest, least, more than, less than, etc.  Enjoy!

Just click on the picture above to access the file! :)

Anyhow, I am off to feed the little man . . .and perhaps squeeze in a shower here sometime today?  (Too much info?  C'mon, all you mommies who have had infants know what I'm talking about!!)

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Lindsay (Jack's mommy!)

11 comments:

Jen R said...

HOW PRECIOUS IS HE?????? COngratulations!!! That is how I started my year off a few years ago, my daughter was born 9-3, so I was only in school for 2 -3 weeks, not NEARLY enough time to get them settled....and it STRESSED me! haha!! This time, baby girl is due new years eve...BUT we are hoping to use the intern I have right now as my sub, so MAYBE my students won't lose all that I've spent so much time working on them with...sigh...lol. No worries, I know you are enjoying your time home with precious Jack - he's beautiful!!

Chrissy said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!! Enjoy every minute :-)

Thanks for sharing your creativity.
ReadWriteSing

Gladys said...

Congratulations! He's absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy your time with your new little man!

Gladys
http://teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Jack is too precious!!!

dbturner said...

Congratulations...what a beautiful baby! Enjoy him and your time at home with him!

Jennifer K. said...

Oh he is so sweet! I love that black and white picture of him! Congratulations and thanks for the freebie!

Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

jen said...

He is just too cute! Enjoy every minute--it goes too fast :o) Congrats and enjoy your time away from school!

Jennifer said...

How wonderful! Congratulations! He's super cute!

Rowdy in First Grade

Kristin said...

So adorable!! Congratulations!!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

lorib said...

Hi Lindsay! Jackson is sooo beautiful!!! The picture of the three of you is the cutest ever!!! Enjoy your precious gift!

Lili said...

God bless you with a beautiful baby boy, I hope you can enjoy every moment with him!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment